The following is a list or our major annual events and projects:
- Take A Soldier Fishing: (A Part of The Wounded Warrior Project) - CWV Post 1943 provides man power support for this project in addition to sponsoring a fishing team.
- Annual pre Veteran's Day Mass: Members and family gather each Sunday before Veteran's Day entering Sacred Heart Church as a unit preceded by the CWV Post 1943 banner.
- CWV Memorial Crosses: Prior to each Memorial weekend, The Catholic War Veterans Post 1943 of Savannah, GA erect white memorial Crosses (baring the name, conflict and branch of service) for deceased veterans throughout the Catholic Cemetery. The occasion is followed by prayer of dedication and blessing for our deceased veterans. Beginning in 2015 a "Field" Mass will be included in the dedication. See more information here.
- Maintain and repair burial monuments at the Catholic Cemetery. See more information here.
- Sponsor an annual essay contest for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students representing the parochial schools in Savannah, The theme: "What is a Veteran". The winner at each school is presented a gift certificate and plaque.
- Benedictine Military School Annual recognition Award: CWV Post 1943 sponsors recognition medals to members of the JROTC Unit at Benedictine Military School. The awards are known as the Lt. Gen John McLaughlin Medals and are provided in gold, silver and bronze variety.
- Provide light breakfast for soldiers from Hunter Army Airfield and Ft. Stewart prior to the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
- Provide Christmas gifts to children of lower ranked (Catholic) active duty soldiers stationed at Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, GA. Each CWV member donates 2 presents; one for a boy and one for a girl.
- Support the Knights of Columbus by identifying veterans in need of wheel chairs.
- Strive to help other veterans with special needs as they arise based on our financial ability.
As needed support: (Examples)
- Ronald McDonald House: Donate everyday supplies to support and assist families that have a child admitted for care. Many of the families are limited in their ability to fully support their child's care and many times forgo their personal needs.
- Man Power: Provide support for local organizations in need of assistance
- The Savannah Diocese Catholic Committee on Scouting: CWV provides manpower to cook, serve and clean up the Catholic Committee's Annual Religious Awards Presentation and Retreat.